Tuesday 29th March 2022
10:00 – 11:30am
Soundlands presents the webinar Sound, Space & Sub-Saharan Africa.
Often interdisciplinary, sound art offers new ways of working. This webinar will:
- take a critical look at sound art with artist and writer, Dr Jane Grant
- present a field study of sound in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) with Ghanian DJ and musician, Rita Ray
- showcase a number of live performances by musicians and sound artists from Ghana, Kenya, Cameroon and South Africa, featuring original compositions based on recent micro-commissions:
- Nyokabi Kariũki – Kenya
- Steloolive – Ghana
- Cara Stacey – South Africa
- Joy Frempong – Ghana
- Joseph Kamaru / KMRU – Kenya
- Franck Biyong – Cameroon
- Q&A panel discussion
Supported by the British Council #SouthernAfricaArts as part of Soundlands ongoing international research.
Register free via Eventbrite by clicking the link below.
We hope you are able to join us!
Dr Emma Posey
Space, Sound & Sub-Saharan Africa is supported by the British Council Cultural Exchange programme, which supports cultural organisations, festivals, artists, and creatives between the countries of SSA* and the UK to create art, build networks, collaborate and develop markets and share artists’ work with audiences.